Friday, October 26, 2018

Keeping Up With The Burke's

 
Leanna (Right) Devon (Right Middle) Cortney (Left Middle) Lindsay (Left)
Keeping Up With The Burkes Episode 1 Season 1

      "Ok so I get Lindsay is older than me and gets more permission but come on! As a teenager I should be able to drive the car! Seeing as im almost 17, why can't I have permissions?"
Leanna announces to the camera. "Lindsay isn't even responsible! She is out everyday with her boyfriend and god knows what they do. I can't even go out past 11." She scoffs and heads over to the kitchen. Cortney is cooking up food in the kitchen for the family. "Mom, why can't I have the same priveleges as Lindsay?" Her bottom lip popping out like a shelf. Cortney messes with some extra stuff in the cubbards as she sighs. "Leanna, you're only 16." Cortney says lowly. "Not in two months, ill be 17." Leanna interupts. Life for the Burke's was easy when Leanna was only 5. Ever since that, it went downhill. Cortney and Leanna turn around as Lindsay struts down the stairs. "I don't have time for this, I need my lunch and them I am off to Evan's house." She puts her hand in the air signaling them to SHH. "Lindsay, you're going to sit with the family and eat. No but's no questions asked, its final." Cortney says in a big sigh. The camera cuts to a shot of Leanna sitting on a couch. "I don't get it, Leanna acts like a vile creature from hell and she gets to do anything. Mom needs to put her foot down and make decisions for the family as a whole." Leanna says in an annoyed fashion. The camera cuts back to the kitchen. Lindsay peers back into the living room, her dad, Devon, watching  sports cast. The camera cuts to Devon. "My children are great, or so I thought. Lindsay crashed the car when she was 15, Leanna broke our prized vase, and my wife, oh yea, my wife. Now, she's a great wife don't get me wrong but, catch her in a bad mood and you are dead." Devon raises an eyebrow and shrugs. The camera cuts to Lindsay's bedroom. Yelling can be heard from the kitchen. "Well mom you know what, I am going to my room. I don't care what you think. I will go to Evan's! I HATE YOU!!!" Lindsay screams at the top of her lungs. She can be seen entering her room. "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!" She whispers under her breath. "No questions asked BLAH BLAH BLAH. You're going to sit with the family BLAH BLAH BLAH. I am sick of it!" She yells quietly. The camera cuts to Cortney. "Lindsay, try not to get off on the wrong foot with her. One wrong move will send her in a spiral. She is a ticking time bomb. It's not easy to control a 19 year old who is so rude and vile." Cortney says quietly, making sure Lindsay does not hear her. "She has developed anger issues ever since Leanna was born. In her mind she thought Leanna was more important than her and was the favorite child. In reality we were just trying to take care of Leanna and Lindsay was more of a second priority." She adds. 
           
          
         

No comments:

Post a Comment